19 April 2007

Every Which Way



Okay, Tasmanians. They are nice. Not quite as cheery as most of the mainlanders, I think that has something to do with the cooler weather, but none the less, relatively pleasant. I have enjoyed my time in their state. It's been a fun exploration and learning experience.

For any of you that know anything about my sense of direction, you know that it is almost non-existent. So, city blocks and directions are sometimes challenging for me. If I don't know my way around via landmarks in a city, I'm pretty much sunk. And sunk I have been for just under a week.

Every Tasmanian that I have asked for directions in the past week has sent me in exactly the opposite direction that I need to be going in. After they told me what to do, I would always take my hand and point it in the direction that they had indicated. I always asked them, "so, I'm headed of that way, right?" I always got the same answer: "Yes!" I would always head off in that direction and find out in short order that I was walking in the exact opposite direction that I needed to be going in.

Thanks, guys. I've been lost about 25% of my time in Tasmania. Life is a highway, hey? Even if you are walking in the wrong direction. :-)

Cheers

No comments: