12 February 2007

Pearls Only: Two Days in The Cowgirl Bunkhouse



On from NYC, I spent two days in Boulder with SMS. I always loooove seeing SMS because there are many things that she just gets. "Should I buy this bag? Hmm, maybe..." Colorado was awesome...I saw some excellent mountains. Like I've told so many people, all of the mountains looked fake. They're so large, they looked fake. Thanks to glaciers, our precious old Appalachian mountains have been worn away to nice rounded slopes.

Colorado was in the mid 30s the entire time I was there. SMS came and got me at the airport, then we went to her (gorgeous!) apartment and then went out to dinner at the Boulder Teahouse. It was absolutely fabulous! The tea menu was at least 5 times longer than the food menu and the building was apparently brought to Boulder from Tajikistan. It was beautifully painted and carved inside the building, it was absolutely fabulous!

The following day, I had the most relaxing morning complete with SMSs home baked bread. We had lunch at Wild Oats Market and I bopped around downtown Boulder for the day. I got a wonderful new water bottle. Everyone there is physically fit and and granola-crunchy, so there are many many outdoor shops. The altitude got to me a little bit in the form of headaches, but, I definitely enjoyed the area.

I'm struggling a little with the time zone thing. I'm in Seattle, and I've been waking up around 5 am and getting extremely tired by like 9 pm. I just can't fathom how awesome it's going to be once I get to Oz.

...Which I will be flying out for tomorrow....ummmm....oh boy!

Now I gave everyone the address for this blog, so, it will be visited a little more often I think.

Time to head out! More on Seattle tomorrow.

Cheers,
C

No comments: