23 February 2007

Dick Cheney



I hate Dick Cheney. I think he is the dirtiest bastard out there. Well, guess what. He's here. Or at least, he was. He caused some mighty ugly protesting and police retaliation in Sydney, too. I told my room mates and my friend Stan the bus driver that I was not-so-secretly hoping that he got stung by some sort of poisonous fish in Sydney Harbor. I don't think I got my wish. Oh well, it's better not to wish ill on people, right? Even if they are evil, rich, dirty oil tycoons.

O-week is drawing to a close here at CSU, and I'm excited. I wanna be a winemaker. I wanna learn out to make wine. That doesn't involve a week of lame activities. I am here to study, after all. My skin is officially peeling from my extreme sunburn in Sydney, and my days activities only proved to burn the freshly revealed skin. I'm evening trying to be a good kid and wear sunscreen, but, it all seems to be in vain.

Since my last entry, I've seen the winery! It's a little bit off campus. In fact, it's going to be a hell of a walk. We met the winemaker and he said to just stop by whenever we wanted to work, and then he may bring us on for casual employment. (At 19$ an hour!!) So, I'm just gonna go over with work boots on, I'm sure they'll find something for me to do. They do take on a trainee every year. The trainee works full time at the winery and then studies via distance...sounds great, eh? I am not able apply for that, though. The conditions of my visa do not allow me to switch over to distance learning. Very sad, huh? C'est la vie.

Okay, I'm beat. Time for bed. Cottages 385 is official full of all 8 people...I hear there's even another wine science person here, whom I haven't met. It's certainly a lot busier around here.

...and we're all glad Dick Cheney is gone....dodgy bastard.

Cheers!

No comments: