01 February 2007

Morning Flapjacks




So, this morning I was late. As usual. I was arriving at about 6:30 am (due in at 6) because I had been jamming out and enjoying myself with some cereal a half an hour earlier. Well, I get to work, I notice that both of my boys had been calling me. I didn't return the calls because I was on my way. I walked into an empty lab and promptly went to the break room to put my lunch in the fridge.

Sean intercepted me and said, "Listen. Vern and Johnny J are looking for you, you better go over." He promptly grabbed my lunch from my hands and I sighed. I thought I was in trouble because he told me it had "something to do with pack data".

So, I begrudgingly went back to the SFM R&D lab, and I smelled something fabulous on the way back. There was Vern, sitting at his desk with a griddle in front of him, making chocolate chip pancakes. He looked at me and told me that it was my last day so he thought he'd make pancakes. I understand that this is some sort of tradition for the early morning crew, but I was absolutely honored to be involved. We got to sit there and chat, I learned about trout and New Zealand, and heard a few great Ferro stories that I do so love.

Some days, you get surprises. Some days, people surprise you. Those are good days, and good surprises.

Back to Grey's Anatomy...and commercial time packing.

Here's to good surprises,
Catrina

No comments: