17 March 2007

Nutbush City Limits

Okay, so, I grabbed a ride into town with my flatmate Steph and her mate. We were tooling along, picking on GWB, and this song came on. I didn't recognize the song, but I knew it was Tina Turner. The next few moments went something like this:

Me: Guys, what is this song?
Steph: You don't know this song? You're from Turner-land.
Me: Yea, I know it's Tina Turner, but what's it called?
Steph: You're not kidding. You don't know this song.
Me: Nope, never heard it.
Steph: It's Nutbush. Every Australian knows this song. It's what we dance to while we're pissed at the bar. Spastically.
Me: Why?
Steph: They teach it to us in primary school.

Then she and her mate promptly hopped out of the ute (AKA truck) and started doing the Nutbush dance that they learned ages ago. In the parking lot. Of the Sturt Mall.

And I thought to myself, I'm in the middle of a nutbush.


But seriously, check out the lyrics to "Nutbush City Limits" and tell me if you think they're a good idea for small children. Here they are.

Anyway, I found this video a while ago on youtube, but when I just re-viewed it, I got a twinge of Australian lovingness. So, I'll post it here instead of my daily picture. Enjoy this QANTAS commercial. :-)

Cheers

No comments: