19 March 2007

Grey Day Australia



Today was the greyest day I've seen in Australia. I snapped this picture off of my porch. It was rainy and yuck. The sun didn't peak through a single time. It was a grey day, I was feeling off and not happy. Grey days happen. Even in Oz.

Then, at the close of the day, things can turn around. Our fire alarm tripped and the 385 family, who had gone to bed, immerged from their rooms to figure out what had tripped the alarm. Niel, my favorite security guard, came up and turned off the alarm, and then we were relieved, but all VERY awake. A toasted sandwich maker, several slices of cheese and bread, and a good lot of butter later, we were all hanging out in the common room talking over some important social issues.

By some chance of fate and a few toasted sandwiches, we were thrown together and got to know one another a little bit better. And I got taught the Nutbush dance. :-)

Some days are grey, some days get greyer, but some days get lighter when you least expect it.

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.