31 May 2010

Day 6 to PA!

Day 6 and Arrival in Kennett Square

Rocky Mt, NC, to BWI, to Frederick MD, then to Kennett Square, PA: about 465 miles



So, Ben and I left Rocky Mt. around 8:30 am to take on 95 N and have him to BWI for his flight by 1:30 pm. We made it. There was a great deal of DC traffic...which sucked, but, was expected.



Sitting in traffic in our nation's capital! Very sexy.

I dropped Ben off (sniff, sniff) and he was home in NY by dark.

I went on to meet up with my BFF and spend the night at her place in Frederick, MD. We had a nice dinner (sushi) and a few adult beverages. She even took me out for breakfast the next morning...knowing that I am broke! She took very good care of me. :-)

Onward, and anxious, I moved my way up to Kennett Square, PA. When I arrived, I noticed that the roses were in full bloom in front of my place! These roses are my favorite color...bright pink! Oh, amazing. Here's a snap.



That's my cabin! You can see my poor tired car in the background.

Here are some more shots of my joint:






This guy jumped up on my lap within moments of being there:


Here are some shots of my "view". Not exactly like my view in Cali....




That's our chardonnay block...they're also ripping out the cab in front and replacing it with chardonnay. Woot!



I've decided to keep you all in suspense re the winery...you can wait. ;-)

My first official day was today, I suppose, although I did work for 2.5 hours on Sunday. I tasted all of the barrels and cleaned up a bit, it is under construction! The consultant comes tomorrow to set me straight and in the right direction. Scary!! What an adventure. More to follow, sorry this is semi-lame.

2 comments:

Neus said...

Looks lovely! I cannot wait to sit at that table and drink some wine w/ you!

Kristen Eyssell said...

So I'm kinda sad that you are no longer posting now that you live in PA. Does "Pennsylvania songs" work?